3916 N. Monticello Ave.
Chicago, IL 60618
Experienced digital marketer with extensive project management, content marketing and content strategy experience. Expertise in analyzing client needs and telling a compelling story to customers. Skilled in implementing a variety of online marketing initiatives while exceeding client expectations.
Specialties: Editing, writing, content management, content development, project management, search engine marketing.
January 2020 – present Family/Personal Chicago, IL
- I have taken time away from work to care for my mother-in-law who has pancreatic cancer and early-stage Alzheimer’s disease.
January 2019 – July 2019 Instacart Chicago, IL
- Accepted orders on the Instacart platform and shopped and/or delivered groceries to customers.
Content Strategist/Content Manager
Huge – July-September 2019 (freelance)
SmithGroup – July-August 2018 (freelance)
Northwest Community Healthcare – February, 2018 – April, 2018 (freelance)
Blue Chip Marketing – January, 2018 (freelance)
Barilla Pasta – April 2017 (freelance)
Scout Marketing – February 2017 – March 2017 (freelance)
Colorado Technical University October 2016 – January 2017 (freelance)
Vanguard Technology March 2016 – June 2016 (freelance)
Critical Mass October 2015 – December 2015 (freelance)
Razorfish May 2015-September 2015 (freelance)
Leo Burnett Group May 2014-August 2014 (freelance)
Digitas May 2013 – March 2014
Designkitchen Feb 2012-May 2013
Leo Burnett Group July 2010-Feb. 2012
SapientNitro Jan 2010-July 2010
- Established guidelines for creating consistent content on Web, Social Media and Print channels.
- Managed content for website and social media campaigns in SiteCore and WordPress content management systems as well as within Hubspot CRM software.
- Analyzed analytics data and made adjustments to content marketing strategy as needed based on user engagement statistics.
- Conducted competitive assessments for B-to-B and B-to-C clients.
- Led content development and migration efforts for large-scale web projects.
- Led development of weekly e-mail to over 3 million United Mileage Plus members.
- Developed A/B testing trials of content to optimize conversion success.
- Developed content models and blueprints for maximizing brand content across platforms.
- Clients included KitchenAid, Booth School of Business, Hyatt Hotels, Coventry Healthcare and USAA.
March 2006 – Dec. 2009 Deloitte Services LP Chicago, IL
- Wrote copy for home page themes, white papers and executive articles.
- Edited all copy on the site for grammar, tone and style.
- Educated extended internal teams on editorial best practices and policies.
- Trained content managers on Vignette content management system and how to use it to further Deloitte goals for Search Engine Optimization.
- Conceptualized content marketing ideas for internal clients and then executed toward brand awareness and engagement goals.
- Developed paid search engine campaigns and managed budget; Implemented search engine optimization strategies.
- Managed network of content managers around the country and world on site updates.
- Mentored and developed editorial staff of editors and freelance writers.
March 2004 – March 2006 TMP Worldwide
- Managed projects for Deloitte’s global employment recruitment Web site.
- Led initiative to translate English site into 11 global languages.
- Worked with Deloitte employees in Asia, South America and Europe to maintain careers site brand consistency through language and cultural barriers.
Feb. 1999 – Feb. 2003 Sportvision, Inc. (merged with Ignite Sports Media in 2000) Chicago, IL
Executive Producer/Director of Client Operations (2000-2003)
- Responsible for overall site development and operations of award-winning professional sports Web sites.
- Worked with team contacts and internal teams to design, and build sites.
- Helped implement migration to a content management system and email marketing platform.
- Served as primary liaison for NFL, MLB and NHL clients.
- Managed overall site creation process from budget and project plan through site completion.
- Led company initiative for personalized e-mail product.
- Oversaw project teams to ensure timely execution of projects on as many as 10 sites.
Managing Editor (1999-2000)
- Managed a staff of six producers in the production of private-label sports sites
Dec. 1995 – Jan. 1999 America Online Sports Evanston, IL
Producer — Real Fans Sports Network (acquired by AOL in 1997)
- Lead writer for daily sports site.
- Helped company attain status as most popular sports site on AOL service.
- Managed network of unpaid community managers that monitored message boards and engaged with users across forums to spur growth and site traffic.
EDUCATION Northwestern University Evanston, IL
Bachelor of Science in Journalism, 1995
HTML, editing, AP Style, conversion optimization testing, email marketing software (Constant Contact, MailChimp and ExactTarget), content management systems (SiteCore, Vignette, Drupal, SharePoint, WordPress, TeamSite), search engine optimization, search keyword marketing (Google AdWords, Facebook Ads) project management software, web analytics tools (Omniture, Google Analytics, WebTrends), Hubspot certified and limited experience with Marketo.
Market Manager, Independence Park Farmers Market
- Manage annual budget and track toward yearly neighborhood association goals.
- Implemented marketing programs on social media and email to attract attendees.
One response to “Resumé”
Pingback: Welcome « Greg Shea